What values does X take on?
can take any positive integer value from zero to positive perpetuity.
Eighteen teens on mean dies due to engine instrument casualty every day.
is a arbitrary variable who represents the no. of teens who die because of motor vehicle injuries. can take any value According to the given situation, we can easily say that follows the Poisson Distribution with parameter mean is 8 per day and friction is also 8 per day. In Poisson distribution Variance is equals to mean.Poisson distribution occurs when there is not definite no. of trials or and circumstance of no. of events in a fixed time interval is fixed.
Probability mass function of Poisson distribution is:
Use the following information to answer the next six exercises: The Higher Education Research Institute at UCLA collected data from 203,967 incoming first-time, full-time freshmen from 270 four-year colleges and universities in the U.S. 71.3% of those students replied that, yes, they believe that same-sex couples should have the right to legal marital status. Suppose that you randomly select freshman from the study until you find one who replies “yes.” You are interested in the number of freshmen you must ask.
What values does the random variable X take on?
A trainer is teaching a dolphin to do tricks. The probability that the dolphin successfully performs the trick is 35%, and the probability that the dolphin does not successfully perform the trick is 65%. Out of 20 attempts, you want to find the probability that the dolphin succeeds 12 times. State the probability question mathematically.
The chance of an IRS audit for a tax return with over $25,000 in income is about 2% per year. We are interested in the expected number of audits a person with that income has in a 20-year period. Assume each year is independent.
a. In words, define the random variable X.
b. List the values that X may take on.
c. Give the distribution of X. X ~ _____(_____,_____)
d. How many audits are expected in a 20-year period?
e. Find the probability that a person is not audited at all.
f. Find the probability that a person is audited more than twice
94% of StudySmarter users get better grades.Sign up for free